Dr. Edwin Cevallos Arellano
PHYSICIAN, ONCOLOGIST, CHEMO-RADIOTHERAPIST,
SCIENTIST, RESEARCHER AND CREATOR OF BIRM
SPEAKER AT SEVERAL WORLD MEDICAL CONGRESSES
- Natural products researcher
- Co-Investigator at the University of Miami School of Medicine since 2001.
- Director of the Instituto de Tumores de Quito - Ecuador, 1976-2018.
- Editor of Discovery Salud Magazine. Madrid, Spain.
- Invited and interviewed by the discoverer of the AIDS virus and Nobel Prize in Medicine Dr. Luc Montagnier. France 1996
- Professor, School of Medicine, Universidad Central del Ecuador. Quito. 1993.
- Radio Sanitary Doctor of the Ecuadorian Atomic Energy Commission of Ecuador. Quito. 1990.
- Pioneer in cobalt therapy treatment for Incurable Cerebral Cysticercosis. Recognized by the World Cultural Council in Stockholm, Sweden. November, 1985.
- Medical Oncologist Radiotherapist of the Carlos Andrade Marin Hospital of the Ecuadorian Institute of Social Security. Quito, Ecuador. 1980.
- Treating Physician Specialist in Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy. Zacatecas Medical Center, Hospital Zacatecas SA. Mexico. 1976.
- Medical oncologist and radiotherapist at the Inter-American Indian Institute (Inter-American Institute) Mexico City 1973-1976.
- Clinical Instructor Professor, School of Medicine, Universidad Central del Ecuador. Quito, 1972.
- Health Lieutenant of the Ecuadorian Army. 1969.
Awards, Congresses and Diplomas
- "Doctor of Doctors Honoris Causa in Health" awarded by SIISDET to Dr. Edwin Cevallos, at the VII International Medical Scientific and Business Development Congress. Reunion of two continents - "Unifying Concepts". Santander, Spain. June, 2022.
- "Award for Philanthropy in Education and Research" granted by SIISDET to Dr. Edwin Cevallos, at the VI International Medical Scientific Congress. Bogota, Colombia. June, 2021.
- The Republic of Ecuador, through the Secretariat of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, grants Certificate No. REG-INV-21-04837 as Researcher registered in the System of Registration and Accreditation and Categorization of National and Foreign Researchers, Quito, February 25, 2021.
- Presentation of the BIRM® at the National and International Medical Congress on Pathologies associated with SARS-COV-2 in Homage to Dr Edwin Cevallos Arellano organized by the Pan American Medical Association P.A.M.A. Guayaquil, Ecuador. November 14, 2020.
- "Recognition of Scientific Merit to the creator of BIRM® , the first Ecuadorian product in prevention and treatment of cancer, AIDS, autoimmune and degenerative diseases", awarded by the National Assembly of the Republic of Ecuador. Quito, November 27, 2019
- BIRM® presentation at the 2nd Emirates Congress on Integrative and Complementary Medicine 2019. 2nd Emirates Congress on Integrative and Complementary Medicine 2019. Dubai, UAE November 22, 2019.
- Presentation of the BIRM® at the VIII International Congress of Naval Health 2019," Universidad Espíritu Santo. Guayaquil, Ecuador. November, 2019.
- Dr. Ramón Lazo Salazar Scientific Merit Award for having contributed exceptionally to the progress of Ecuadorian Medicine, granted by the Pan American Medical Association (PAMA). Guayaquil, Ecuador. October 18, 2019.
- Recognition and honorary degree "Doctor Honoris Causa in Medical Sciences" awarded by SIISDET to Dr. Edwin Cevallos, MD from Ecuador. Miami, FL - USA. October 26, 2019.
- Recognition "Best Research Paper Award 2018" with the topic: "Biological Modulator of the Immune ResponseBIRM® - Prevention and treatment in Cancer" awarded by SIISDET to Dr. Edwin Cevallos, MD from Ecuador, at the III International Medical Scientific Congress" Cartagena, Colombia. November, 2018.
- Recognition "Best Research Paper Award 2018" with the topic: "Biological Modulator of the Immune Response BIRM® - Prevention and treatment in Cancer" awarded by SIISDET to Dr. Edwin Cevallos, MD from Ecuador, at the III International Medical Scientific Congress" Cartagena, Colombia. November, 2018.
- Recognition "Award to the Leader in Research and Health Sciences for the Benefit of Humanity 2018" granted by SIISDET to Dr. Edwin Cevallos, MD from Ecuador, at the III International Medical Scientific Congress" Cartagena, Colombia. November, 2018.
- "Recognition to Dr. Edwin Cevallos for his contributions to scientific research awarded by the Colombian-Ecuadorian Chamber of Industry, Commerce and Integration". Bogotá, Colombia. November, 2014.
- Sponsor of the Symposium entitled "Cancer Prevention and Treatment" organized by the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Miami, FL - USA. January, 2014.
- Presentation of "BIRM® Clinical Experience and Molecular Evidence in Prostate Cancer" at the Cuban Congress of Urology. Havana, Cuba. October 2013.
- BIRM presentation® at the 25th Anniversary of the World Congress of Urologic Diseases, SBUR (Society for Basic Urologic Research) Miami, FL - USA. November, 2012.
- Presentation of BIRM® at the Congress of Natural Medicine. Havana, Cuba May, 2010.
- Presentation of BIRM® at the Seventh World Congress of Urologic Diseases SBUR - (Society for Basic Urologic Research). New Orleans-USA. November, 2009.
- Presentation of BIRM® at the First Congress of Immunotherapy for Cancer, Allergies and Autoimmunity organized by the Ministry of Health of Panama. May,2006.
- The Pan American Medical Association (PAMA) grants the highest award for "Scientific Merit" for having contributed exceptionally to the progress of Ecuadorian Medicine. University of Guayaquil. Ecuador. January, 2005.
- Decoration awarded by the National Congress of the Republic of Ecuador for the work of "Ecuadorian Scientist and Researcher". Quito, Ecuador. March, 2004.
- Decoration in the National Order "Honorato Vásquez", in the Rank of Commander. Awarded by the Presidency of the Republic of Ecuador. Quito, Ecuador. December, 2003.
- Delegate to the "First World Congress of Traditional Naturopathic Doctors in Bolivia". La Paz, March, 2002.
- Appointment as Researcher of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in Immunomodulators and Antitumorals of Natural Origin. Madrid, Spain. April, 2000.
- Presentation of the medical results obtained with BIRM® in the treatment of AIDS patients, at the World AIDS Congress. Vancouver, Canada. July, 1996.
- BIRM® at the Tenth International AIDS Congress and International Conference on Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Yokohama, Japan, August 1994.
- BIRM® Presentation International Congress of Medicine, Cuba 1993.